Damian is a solicitor who specialises in Wills, Trusts and Estates. He joined Dunn & Baker in February 2017 after working at a Legal 500 firm in Taunton for the past 8 years and is delighted to have returned to practising in Devon.
His work involves advising individuals, families, trustees and beneficiaries on a wide range of issues including:
- the preparation of tax-efficient Wills;
- succession planning for families in farming and business;
- the administration of complex estates including those containing agricultural property and business assets;
- the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney;
- the creation and taxation of Trusts including the protection of personal injury and clinical negligence compensation awards; and
- looking after elderly and vulnerable clients’ affairs.
Damian is approachable and friendly and seeks to put clients at ease. He gives advice in plain-English, avoiding jargon wherever possible, so that clients fully understand the options available to them.
Damian enjoys working with accountants, financial planners, land agents and other professionals to explore the opportunities available to his clients. He adopts an integrated and proactive approach to his clients’ affairs in order to achieve their objectives in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
He is also a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Agricultural Law Association (ALA).
To contact Damian Gorman, please call our Exeter office on 01392 285000.