Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the re-mortgage of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Although, in general, we provide our conveyancing services at a fixed fee, there may be some circumstances where the work required to progress a transaction falls outside of the standard fixed fee transaction. Should this be the case, we will always notify you of this in advance to undertaking the additional work and provide you with an estimated cost for it.
The following are an example of the anticipated costs involved in a standard fixed fee cost for one client re-mortgaging a freehold house at £250,000 in the TQ12 postcode area. Please note legal fees, search fees and stamp duty will differ from this example depending on factors such as the re-mortgage value of the property of a property, whether it is freehold or leasehold.
|Electronic Transfer Fee*||£30.00||£6.00||£36.00|
|Third Party Disbursements*||NET||VAT||GROSS|
|Land Charges Search*||£2.00||£0.00||£2.00|
|Land Registry Search*||£3.00||£0.00||£3.00|
|Land Registry Fee*(Electronic)||£40.00||£0.00||£40.00|
|Office copy entries*||£6.00||£0.00||£6.00|
- please see below for definitions of these terms
Stages of the Process
The following bullet points below give a general overview of the key stages within the re-mortgage process. Please note, they may vary depending on the individual matter:
- Take your instructions and give initial advised based on the information you have provided
- Requesting the Title Deeds and Redemption Statement
- Obtaining Official Copies of the Title
- Checking the Title
- Checking Official Copies
- Leasehold properties will require the lease to be checked and enquiries made if relevant
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance
How Long Will My Property Remortgage Take?
A standard re-mortgage usually takes between 6 and 8 weeks, although it can take longer if there are complications.